Sunday, December 28, 2008

Savage, Steven E., The Guy Walked Through My Shot, Washington, DC, 2008

I was in the National Gallery with my camera, but could not carry a tripod or my monopod. My shooting style employs slow shutter speeds and a single flash. The effect is that things that are still throughout all/most of the exposure photograph solid. Things that are only in place for part of the exposure photograph transparent or translucent. I used the concrete bench on which I sat as a camera platform, set everything on the camera and the flash, and waited until the guy who was waiting to pass in front of my camera got tired of waiting for me to finish whatever I was doing. When he passed, I hit the shutter release, the flash fired on his pants and shoes, he became embarrassed at having "ruined" my shot, and hurried out of the frame. End result: this cool effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment